about me

My photo
Surigao del Norte, Caraga, Philippines
It doesn't matter what other people think or say, I don't live to please them. What matters is I've made the most of what I have, I had fun, I learned from what I've done and I've lived through it all despite the gossips and intrigues. Let's be real, just live a life fearless to other people's shadow..

Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm captured


WHY DO I WANT A SHALLOW DEPTH OF FIELD?

Because a shallow dof isolates the subject from its surroundings, it is really useful in portrait photography.

And because a lot of the photos we take are of people, it helps to know how to separate them from the background in this way.

But what about long dof?

Pretty much everything in the photo is in focus. This is useful too, for those times when you really do want everything in focus.

Landscape photographers often want to use this effect because they want to get the whole scene in focus – from the flower in the foreground to the mountains in the background.

Some landscape photographers go even further and use a technique called hyper focussing. This is a method of getting even more of your photo in focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment